Position is responsible for creating an environment that fosters, promotes and develops an understanding of the relationship of healthy body function and exercise; that motivates each student to cultivate physical fitness, and appropriate social and emotional adjustment; that discovers and develops talents of students in physical achievement; and that develops strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, and individual, dual or team sports, utilizing curriculum designated by the State of California and other appropriate learning activities.
- Plans and implements a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares grades, and keeps appropriate records of student participation.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school property.
- Evaluates each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge and contribution in team sports.
- Administers testing in accordance with State Mandated testing practices.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
To apply for this job, please email your resume to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to call the school at (415) 499-7616.